"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

11.10.10

THE HOUSE OF BLUES

This one's for you guys.



Once there was a blue house.  It was a lovely blue house, with giant sunflowers gracing the sides, that took out Spencer's side view mirrors every time he pulled out of the driveway.

This was a house of humor, a house of order, a house of kindess, a house of Music.  Rumor has it that one had to audition on an instrument to qualify for a room at the House of Blues.

Well, except for Braden.  His pre-med test scores were enough proof of his brilliant character.

However, along with the title of musician, an adjective often accompanies it--penniless.  (Again, obviously except Braden...)

So these fine men played for their food one fine Sunday evening....  And on to the story....


Marcus sleeping on his tuba during the car ride. I this picture 




..........................................

Memorable Moments 
at the McQueen's:
(Check out that alliteration! Spencer! I'm talking to YOU!)



Jory & Marcus playing with the toys in the corner of the living room before dinner started.

Spencer immediately inquiring about the alleged "chocolate stash" as soon as we arrived.

Marcus using the phrase "Acio blackberry jam!" at the dinner table.

Everyone referring to me as "Mom" and not "Sarah"

And just to slap on the title of "Mom"even more....Me wearing an apron as Spencer  was helping me with the dishes.

My grandpa rushing to the neighbor's house to increase the audience, because he was so pleased with the music

Braden doing an Irish jig to "Praise to the Man"

My 2 year old cousin sitting on Jordan's lap as Jordan played the drums

My grandmother's face lighting up with laughter.

Marcus's red face as he played the tuba.  "1, 5, 1, 5...."

Jory getting all of the cousins and neighborhood children (including teenagers) to do the actions to a klezmer version of the Primary song "Book of Mormon Stories"

Q telling me that she never graduated from primary because she flunked the actions to "Book of Mormon Stories"

Playing in the key of B flat.


.................................................


I'm so proud of my sons!
I raise you well.
Please come to dinner again sometime soon.
Next time, I'll bring my mandolin.


Your loving FHE Group Leader,

Sar-the-mother-bear.



1 comment:

Jordan said...

hahah i love this post Sarah!! that night was awesome!