"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

23.9.10

REJECTION

I am really good at saying no


when a boy, whom I am not interested in, asks me out 
when someone asks me if I like children
when someone tells me I should be a music major
when a guy wants to discuss politics on a date

And when the U.S. Navy asks me to fix their ships for them.





STICK IT TO THE MAN. 

*fist bump*










Yup.  The "top secret" internships didn't come in like I had hoped.  But a hard-hat-on-head and hammer-in-hand engineering job came up.  Can you picture a girl like me {for you strangers: blonde girl in a pencil skirt with stilettos} out in a naval ship yard maintaining ships?






Yeah. That's what I thought.

Before everyone gets the wrong idea, I was flattered by the offer, but don't think I would be very useful with a wrench.  I am more of a design/analysis/number crunching type person, ya know... or a....Ok fine. Nerd.

There. I said it.

ExxonMobil looks appealing to me.  Consider this: Last summer I was a part of a climate study and researched global warming.

 If things go my way, next summer I might be creating global warming and destroying the earth with drilling.

Again, stick it to the man.

No comments: