"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

20.9.10

HOW TO GET A DATE IN THE LIBRARY

I have refined this to a science.

Ok fine. I know.  I need to stop relating my social life to the subjects I am studying.

But hey, my theories prove true.


When selecting a table to study at in the library, one must:

  1. Check the left hand. (Sorry, but this is BYU, folks.)
  2. Check for good looks
  3. Check the body language of the girl next to him (if the case may be, it might be his girlf)
  4. Glance at the titles of his textbooks in order to make a decision on his intellectuality.
  5. Yes, this can be considered profiling. Shoot me.
All within a matter of microseconds. This is tough work!
That isn't an exaggeration, either.  There are lots of guys, uh, "tables" to scope out.

Oh, and once you are seated, 
     6. Make sure your study area looks available and welcoming.
Does this barrier of books, TI-84 and MacBook look sexy?

That's what I thought.  I thought I was doing a great job of warding off my fellow male classmates.  Not particularly in the mood for dating....


Don't give me weird looks. 
 I don't have to take my own advice
 on date shopping in the HBLL.




Anyways. I "picked the right table" on accident.
An econ major.  (The barrier was made of my Econ 110 textboks)


I had to rip off a corner of my econ assignment to write down my number for him.



That's what you get for studying in the periodical section, folks.





No comments: