"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

1.9.10

I AM A SYNESTHETE.

Yep. That's right.  Only 1 in a 1000 can claim that title. I barely discovered that my thought processes are not normal--and there is a name for it.

Synesthesia: A condition in which normally separate senses are not separate. Sight may mingle with sound, taste with touch, etc. The senses are cross-wired. For example, when a digit-color synesthete sees or just thinks of a number, the number appears with a color film over it. A given number's color never changes; it appears every time with the number. 
{P.S. It rhymes with "anesthesia" if you were wondering}

There are different kinds{some people see colors with musical tones, taste a certain food when they say a word, or experience pain when they view and injury}, but I associate colors with text.  When someone tells me a phone number, or a day of the week, I see that particular set of characters in certain colors.  Here are some examples....

1    2   3    4   5    6    7    8    9   

Wednesday
                 Tuesday
                            Thursday

A   B   C

Call me crazy...but I didn't pick the colors.  Notice that 6,9, and 8 are very similar.  I often confuse these numbers in my head.  

I use this often to memorize things efficiently.

I hope this makes me a genius--all that has been discovered is that these people often display autism, left/right confusion, and tend to be directionally challenged. { Oh, and it tends to run in the family. }

Google it. you know you want to.

No comments: