"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

11.8.10

I AM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER.

I just had this realization today. Quite an interesting one. I was ordering lemon pound cake ice cream.




My mother loves anything with the flavor of lemon. I used to complain about it when I was younger. EVERYTHING she made in the kitchen or bought in the store had some variety of that tangy yellow citrus fruit.







Also, due to my AMAZING job in pushing back the frontiers of knowledge, (my biology research job) I have been practcing my plant I.D. and can name numerous shrubs, forbs, and grasses that appear in central Utah.







I used to HATE it when
my mother
would point out certain species of trees along the road,
make me knock on the front doors of the owners
of the rare shrubbery,
so that I could add specimens
to my leaf collection project
that I was assembling
for my advanced science class.







The worst part is that she would do this IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS. I was mortified.
{ I was 13. }





Now, here I am pointing out edible plants and rattling off the latin names. What is happening??? My poor future children. I am becoming exactly what I promised I wouldn't.







And my mother's favorite color of blue?? (That china blue color....along with periwinkle...)

It is starting to grow on me.

No comments: