"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

20.12.10

UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY

Do you remember that feeling you felt when you took one quick, timid hop across The Line while playing capture the flag in grade school?

The surge of adrenaline
The terror that you might be tagged
The sheer thrill of rescuing from jail 
      or dodging opponents' outstretched fingers
And if you're me--
      the skittish scurry back to your side for safety


Oh, the glorious playground days.


I had very similar feelings this weekend in Ute Land at:
The Pie (π) Pizzeria
{Way cool. I know. SO fitting for my blog.}


I had two very contradictory feelings while eating here, since it is basically a culinary rite of passage for any true Ute.  Therefore:

  1. I felt like a real, cool college student
  2. I felt like a squeaky clean Cougar
I mean, there were beer logos all over the walls! Ah! My eyes!
Just kidding.

See this expression? What a beautiful mix of  the emotions
described above.  I just couldn't comprehend that I could actually buy
a coke WITH CAFFEINE.

I hope you hear the sarcasm dripping from my voice. 

Anyways. I had this supergood pizza called The Greek (appropriate, I know) with gyro meat, tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, dash of lemon etc. Wowzers.

I wish I could take more appetizing pictures. My bad. 

And speaking of feeling a bit out of place...I was in the audience for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert. That was a bit weird.  I even sang along to some of the songs.

(A picture of two stressed individuals after ticket, parking,
waiting-in-line, and seating ordeals.)

Oh and one last "unfamiliar territory":
I got bored waiting for the concert to start...
these are my vintage oxford shoes.
This is the only picture I have of this moment, but I went to a baptist church to listen to the Boy Next Door perform Handel's Messiah. He had a marvelous trumpet solo on The Trumpet Shall Sound.  The entire chapel was filled with his majestic melody.  Nothin' like a trumpet to proclaim tidings of good joy, in my opinion. A-maz-ing.


He was still in his tux when we went to get pizza.  OK. Maybe we do dress up to go out to eat.


A good weekend in the city, if I do say so myself. Later days!






No comments: