"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

23.12.10

CRAPPY WRAPPING:

A post dedicated to my least favorite Christmas tradition 


When I first found out who Santa was, I couldn't believe it.  Not that I was crushed, or shocked that my parents purchased all of those gifts, but that 


MY PARENTS WRAPPED 
ALL OF THOSE THINGS
  WITHOUT ANY HELP 
FROM ELVES


"They must really love us kids." I thought to myself.  Because to me, that is the worst chore that could ever be inflicted upon a human.

I tried to love it. I really did. I practiced and practiced getting my creases crisp and my tape jobs even. I tried getting excited about fancy bows and tags.  And I know lots of people enjoy wrapping presents...

I don't.

As long as the paper sufficiently hides the identity of the gift is my motto.
This MAY look like a bad example of my motto, but it is actually
a great one, because the logo is a red herring for my brother.
It is just an old shoe box. Ha.


Plus, I hate it when there are extra squares of paper sitting around that are too small to cover the surface area of any present. I prefer to optimize the square foot area of my wrapping paper.  Waste not, want not is another one of my wrapping mottos.


I go for the "quilted" effect.

And last but not least, I cannot justify wrapping my own presents just so I can unwrap them Christmas morning.  My dad, in his funny ways, asked me to wrap a present to myself. Here's what actually happened:

To: Sarah
From: Dad
Lack of Wrapping by: Sarah

Merry Christmas.


1 comment:

Mrs. said...

Never fear, the Santa who came to my house didn't wrap a single present. There is hope for non-wrappers like us!