"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

7.12.10

MY THOUGHTS ON GOD

I believe God has a sense of humor.  The more I study science, the more I am convinced. {In God, and his humor}

For example, consider the speed of light (3x10^8 meters/sec).

It is ALWAYS 3x10^8 m/s.  

What do I mean by that? You know when you are driving on the freeway and another car is traveling at 65 mph in the opposite direction in the other lane? It appears as if you are sitting still and the other car is approaching at 130 mph. (65+65)

BUT theoretically if you were approaching another spaceship at the speed of light, who is also traveling at the speed of light, the relative velocity between you and the other spaceship is STILL 3x10^8.  Not 6x10^8.  Craziness.



Just think, us humans can develop bridges, cars, cell phones and cures for diseases, but we can't figure out the speed of light or a way to travel that fast.

I think God did that on purpose.

Ha. Watch 'em try to figure THIS one out.


Note: I also have similar thoughts about the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle since it sends scientists scrambling. I think God had to throw in a few mind-boggling mysteries into this world for his own personal enjoyment.




No comments: