"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

16.11.10

HELLO MY NAME IS ( _____ )

People always guess my name wrong.  
The funny thing is, they always guess the same name: 
Jessica.
Should I analyze this for you?
Ok.

Jessica: #1 name for a baby girl in my birth year
Therefore, a bit overused and generic.


{Disclaimer: I'm not hatin' on Jessicas. 
Realize that only I can say this because "Sarah" 
was the #6 most popular name,
 thus almost as equally cliche. }




______________________________


I saw a high school friend on campus the other day.  It went something like this:

"Hey! Jessica, right?"

Nope.

"Wait, do you have a sister named Jessica?"

Nope.

Really. REALLY?! DO I REALLY LOOK LIKE A JESSICA??  A "GENERIC JESSICA"?


This is a huge insult, just so you know.  I don't care that he forgot my name. He could have picked any other name and I would have been much happier.


Or I guess I could give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I look like a "generic Sarah" and therefore Jessica isn't that far off.

Or maybe he truly forgot my name, but remembered the year I was born, and that he had read in a baby book somewhere that Jessica was the most popular name, thus deducing that his odds of guessing correctly would be greater.


I like to think the latter.

On second thought, no I don't.
That means he is a bit of a weirdo.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

Haha, who was the dummy that didn't know your name?

If it makes you feel better I don't think you look like a Jessica. You are definitely a Sarah! :D