"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

15.11.10

ELL OH ELL

Sometimes I see funny things on campus.  I literally think to myself: "LOL"

{And sneakily snap a picture with my camera phone.}


Usually, it is actually the professors who are setting up these pieces of humor, believe it or not.

Like this:
A gift from one biology professor to another,
hidden in his lab for him to find at a later date
When my professor opened the bucket, he screamed like a school girl and threw it down.

"VILE CREATURES! THIS IS WHY I STUDY ECOLOGY"


Well said.



Here is another one that brightened my day:
A copy of the textbook, CHAINED to the desk in the lab
Welcome to the dark depths of the Clyde Building Dungeon.



And my all-time-personal-favorite:
Displayed in the Eyring Science Center above the giant electric pendulum

Why might this be my favorite? 
Because it mocks the ignorant. 
I went right up and grabbed the wire with my entire fist.

Yeah. Do you even KNOW what an ohm even IS? 
That's what I thought.

And the physics professors know that you don't know, too.

It is kind of like electric friction, if you will.  
Ohms don't kill you. 
Amps kill you. 
Ohms actually RESTRICT the flow of current, or amps. 
A resistance that high is a good thing.

anyways...

I hope I didn't kill off half of my readers with the last 1/3 of the post.
I just HAD to be nerdy for a few minutes.
Sorry.

Have a terrific monday.






No comments: