"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

14.3.11

3.14159...

Guys. Today is a great day.  It is Pi Day.  A holiday for nerds.  And yes, I include myself in that group.  (See title of blog.)



Anyways, I had a new pie-free philosophy for today and this weekend:


                   eat cake.





































yeeeeah baby.





Did I make this cake?

Yes.

Did the Boy Down the Street help me?

Most certainly.




I'm getting better, you see. I'm slowly exploiting his cooking skills for my personal benefit. And his sister Kristin's.  (It was her birthday. Sorry I don't have pictures of the candle-blowing-wish-making moment. But happy birthday Kristin!!)








Want to try? It's not as hard as it looks. It is from i am baker's blog.

2 comments:

Spencer Wallin said...

Did you mention how awesome tasting the cake was? It was superb!

Caroline said...

WOW, That is a beautiful looking cake. Just so you know my Birthday is May 11th. And since I'm expecting I will allow myself to eat multiple pieces of cake on that day.