"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

19.3.11

I SKIPPED MATH CLASS YESTERDAY

and made some frosting...


That's it.  I'm dropping out of school. While I was considering getting a nice tent and becoming a hobo, I think I have a better idea to weasel out of all of these Taylor series, Laplace transformations, and manufacturing processes:

I'm going to be a pastry chef instead.





























I KNEW that Martha Stewart and I were kindred spirits.  It was my favorite show in kindergarten-no lie, ask my mom.  My calling in life is to make cutesy things all day long.  And hopefully get paid for it.

Sadly, I make...er....manly things all day long.   Let's just say that mechanical engineering doesn't allow for a whole lot of femininity in design.  {My all-male group  wasn't too happy when I designed the upright supports for our pneumatic engine as Eiffel towers} That's OK, I still like my major. It is a close as I can get to making things all day long, even though it isn't always cute. And I am fairly confident that I will actually get paid.

Just consider the engineering labs that I have been in:

  • I wanted to add glitter and the color purple to the Nerf football we made in the plastics lab
  • When the T.A. asked what applications use sheet metal, I got excited and said "Ooh! Those cute framed magnet boards!"
  • For a material science class project, I talked my group into redesigning the cake pan.

No comments: