"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

7.6.10

LITTLE SURPRISES

So any student at BYU knows about the window in the testing center at the bottom of the stairs that has notes galore that friends leave for each other to pick up when they exit the testing center. (You know, to distract from the bad test score that you'll see projected up on the television screen in front of you...)

I always scan to see if someone left me a note or something...

So today I ABSOLUTELY BOMBED MY STATICS TEST. It was timed, tough, and tragic. (Look at my alliteration!!) I was livid when I came out of the testing center.

Now generally I am not a pessimistic person, but this morning I was. As I walked down the stairs and scoffed at the window. No way would there be something for me. But of course I just took a tiny peek out of the corner of my eye. [I like to assume the worst and prove myself wrong, because the odds go up that I will be pleasantly surprised. Takes away from the disappointment, you know what I mean?]

"Nope.
Just a few notes for a
John Smith,
Sally Goodwin
and Sarah Mc....
Probably Sarah McDonald
or something. Not me."



HOLD ON. I did a double take.

WAHOOO!! MY FIRST LETTER ON THE TESTING CENTER WINDOW!!
What a pleasant surprise...

After this, life didn't seem quite so brutal anymore
I stopped cursing my statics professor
And everything school-related




I about died and went to heaven. I was STARVING.


My mother can attest to this, but I get very very very grumpy when I am hungry.


So I felt just peachy after eating those pop tarts.
{I love eating the corners, weird I know.}






The funny thing was that the note wasn't even signed, except for a wise piece of advice....











The pop tarts tasted even better after that, because I had a pretty good idea who left them.
Thank you :)

No comments: