"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

9.5.10

MY BEST FRIEND

The other day I was pitting an avocado quite cleverly with a butcher knife and a friend asked where I learned the trick. I answered
"My mother taught me that - along with the advice to always use your blinker and never vote straight ticket."


My mother is my best friend. Honestly. I know I can always trust her opinion. She always gives me a straight up answer if I ask her if some article of clothing flatters my figure or not.



{This little picture sums up my sentiments quite accurately.}

I was thinking about all the things that my mother is, and has been, in my life. My mother is my....

Alarm clock, driving instructor, dinner chef, wardrobe advisor, shopping buddy, diaper changer, lullaby vocalist, teacher, righteous example, personalized-advice-giver, chauffeur, my #1 fan, my best audience member, comforter, curfew enforcer, friday lunch date, best listener, guider, mom, and best friend.

I don't know where I would be without her. I realize my life could have taken a very different route, and I am so lucky to have her as a mother. She is wise, strong and immovable. As I reflect back on my life, I realize that she was supposed to be my mother. The way that she understands me and connects with me is irreplaceable and rather rare. The advice that she gives me has always stuck. Even if it seemed to bounce off of my hardened teenage self, it still made an impact. I hope you read this mom. (Oh, I forgot to add to the list above that you are probably my best and only blog follower/reader. :)

Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love you.