"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

15.5.10

"I CAN HAVE IT ALL!!"

Ok, I have some big dreams for the next seven years that don't quite fit into my budget or my time table. You ready for this? (One of my greatest joys in life is creating lists and organizing things into perfect time slots...oh so fulfilling...)

1. Graduate from BYU's Mechanical Engineering program ( April 2013)

2. Serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (CLICK HERE)
(February 2012)

3. Participate in a humanitarian group called Engineers for International Development (CLICK HERE) and travel to a 3rd world country to implement the product that we would design. (April 2012)

4. Study Abroad during spring/summer semester (April 2011)

5. Get a summer internship with some airplaine company...like Boeing...or Lockheed Martin. Maybe Northrop Grumman. (Summer 2012)

6.Get married (??)

7. Maybe work one or two years in industry at one of the above mentioned companies

8. Participate in the Orchestra at Temple Square(In the process of auditioning...)

I want you to notice that THREE of my goals would theoretically be occurring the summer after my junior year. Simultaneously. Dang. (mission, internship, EID)

Also consider that a mission and study abroad would probably cost me $15,000 if I did them both...And if I truly want to graduate from BYU in April of 2013 then if I take a year and a half off for a mission it will set me off to December of 2014.

And then... WHAT IF I GET HITCHED? Just to make things a little more complicated all around....That means that study abroad, mission, and possibly the internship wouldn't be possible.

Do you see my dilemma?



When I get frustrated I just remember what my roommate Victoria had hanging on her wall: A picture of Liz Lemon devouring a sandwich and exclaiming " I can have it ALL!"




{In the “Sandwich Day” episode from the second season of 30 Rock, protagonist Liz Lemon hopes to reconcile with her ex-boyfriend Floyd at the airport, who is leaving New York City to head back to Cleveland. Stopped by security, Lemon must choose between him and her sandwich, which she can’t take with her to the gate. Refusing to compromise, she yells “I can have it all!” and promptly devours her delicious sub before running through security.}

No comments: