"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

17.2.11

I DON'T DO POLITICS - TAKE TWO

I am sitting in my political science test review right now.  Anyone heard of the Federalists Papers, Shay’s Rebellion, or McCullogh vs. Maryland?

Because, I swear, this is the first time I have heard those terms in my life. 

“What IS the fourth amendment of the constitution?”
{the Political Science majors whip out their “Handy Dandy Pocket Constitutions” from their purse/backpack to look it up}

Well, in my purse I have my…graphing calculator??
I guess I could use it store some amendments in binary code.

Gah. I don’t understand these people. They have this strange language of metaphors. Dual federalism is like a layered cake, cooperative federalism is like a marble cake. PACs are like steady relationships, 527s are like friends with benefits, and 501cs are like friends.  

All I am getting out of this is:

cake + boyfriends=politics.

and:

I waste my vote because I vote libertarian



I love right-wing-indoctrinating courses.  They seem to be the core of my BYU existence.
I think I’m going to leave early and solve a couple differential equations before my brain turns to goo.

No comments: