"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

10.1.11

WORLD'S BEST ONE-LINER-COP-OUT

You know when a guy asks you out and you don't really want to go out with him? I mean, he is nice, and a great guy, and has a.....um....a sweet spirit?

Yeah. You know the type.

Translation: You're not interested.

So what is a girl to do?? Do you REALLY want to crush heart into smithereens by saying "No thanks."?  And do you REALLY want to grin-and-bear-it through dinner and polite small talk while simultaneously dropping courteous hints like T-mobile drops calls BUT STILL retaining a cordial air and tone??  

(And to think that I actually considered my differential equations class to be stressful, complicated and full of too many variables...)

Well ladies, this is when I praise the high heavens that I can honestly use the phrase:

"I'm sorry, but I'm dating someone."

Love it.

He can't take it personal, no bad feelings between both of you, and best of all: you don't feel like some heartless beast.  So great.  

Hope you can truthfully use it too.  
Best wishes in the dating game,

Sarah





3 comments:

Christi Lynn said...

haha this is so brilliant!

Carolyn said...

dear sarah, so.........can i still use it if i'm not actually dating someone? eh? because i HATE grinning-and-bearing-it-because-i'm-too-fraidy-cat-to-say-"no-thanks"! :) happy for you.

Sarah said...

Carolyn: Use it to your heart's content. Here, I'll edit my post so you don't have to use it "truthfully..."