"Pi is like love--natural, irrational, and very important"
_________________________________________________________

28.7.10

AN EPIC WEEKEND OF SORTS

So it was a crazy weekend.

1. set a world record
2. crashed into a tree on a mountain bike
&
3. performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Story #1: BYU basically maneuvered its way into the Guinness Book of World Records by having the largest waterballoon fight.  

I was fully a part of this...

Me, Halie, Karen, and Jordan SOAKING WET


I have never seen so many water balloons in the air at one time. INSANE!!

Story #2: Basically, Jordan's family went mountain biking on a somewhat intermediate to advanced trail. His dad thought I could do it, so did his brothers. I didn't believe them, to tell the truth. Then Jordan stood there with his hands on his hips, smiling at me, with those melt-your-heart-chocolate-brown-eyes just sparkling and told me I would be just fine.

My reaction to his cute persuasion tactic: "Why of course I will go mountain biking with you, Jordan! I would love to ruin my shoulder and get dirt-road rash on my elbows! As long as I am doing it with you!"

{Ok, I didn't really say that, but that was practically my irrational train of thought.}


Story #3: Yes, it was my first broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word with the Orchestra at Temple Square.  We accompanied MoTab and Igor Gruppman on his violin.  I don't have a picture of this, I am sorry.  Just imagine beautiful music :)  

It was a dream come true.  [And yes, I did play with a screwed up shoulder.] Don't worry, Jordan brought me ibuprofen which he handed off to me in the underground parking lot of the Conference Center.  We looked like drug dealers.








No comments: